Here in Detroit we’ve been waiting for the day when the warm weather would finally grace us with its presence. With all the snow we endured, it’s been long over do, so with that being said lets discuss some tips that can help keep us looking fab for these upcoming months of summer.
First thing first all sizes are not equal!
- Just because they make it in your size doesn’t mean YOU have to wear it.
- Just because everybody is wearing it doesn’t mean YOU have to wear it.
- Just because it fits doesn’t mean YOU have to wear it!
- Underarm hair is not sexy
- Having smooth legs is a great spring/summer necessity
- Planning on rocking a swim-suit this spring/summer, don’t forget about your bikini area.
One of my favorite razors to use is the Schick Intuition Plus razor. There’s no need for shaving gel because the Skin Moisturizing bar creates its own light lather. The razor is reasonably priced at about $8.00-$11.00 depending on where you get purchase it, the refills can be a little pricey but it’s totally worth it.
Another razor to try is the Schick Quattro For Women Trimstyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer. You get the best of both worlds with a razor and bikini trimmer all in one. This runs about $8.00-$14.00 depending where you purchase it.
- Nair is another great way to remove unwanted hair from your face and body.
- Waxing may be the most effective way to keep those pesky hairs away longer, whether you DIY (do it yourself) or have it done professionally.
There’s nothing more gross then seeing someone wearing a sleeveless top lift up their arms displaying clumps of dried deodorant. (can we say eww!)
- Apply deodorant with a few swipes in the same direction, be careful not to pile it on, this may cause access deodorant to remain after it dries.
- Underarm hair can cause clumps to appear after deodorant dries if you apply to much. (When going sleeveless this is very noticeable and definitely not a good look).
- After applying deodorant wait a few minutes before dressing, so you can allow the deodorant to dry.
- Never reapply deodorant to your underarms while sweating, this will not work. ( I’ve seen this done before)
You want to avoid looking like this, unless this is your thing.
Bras (Thou shall wear a bra)
- Some girls can get away with going without a bra, but many can’t. Certain tops and dresses just show a bit to much to go without some type of support. They have many bras available that can adjust to the type of top you wear.
- Buy bras with interchangeable straps.
- Try a camisole with the built in support attached, then there’s no need for a bra.
- If you decide to go braless try nipple covers/patches to hide the unwanted “headlight” look.
- If you plan on wearing tops with the plunging neck line try Hollywood Fashion tape to keep your “goods” where they belong.
Which do you prefer?
- Going commando may not always be a good idea, but here’s a solution when going Commando. Cotton patches, protection without the hassle of panties.
- Know when to wear thongs, hipsters, boy shorts, bikini, and seamless panties to avoid visible panty lines.
-Spanks and tummy control panties are a girls best friend.
-Want that soft cotton comfort without panties visit go commandos.
- If you are going to be completely bare down there, know how to get out the car, sit down and cross your legs without exposing yourself. Make it work!
Don’t let this happen to you!
Shorts (short shorts)
- The shorter the shorts, the looser they should fit.
- They should never be skin tight where you can see the imprint of your crotch. (Camel Toe)
- Find a pair that complements YOUR body.
- The higher the shorts the lower the heel, unless you’re rocking wedges.
- Short shorts are not for everyone, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
-Find a pair that suits your body type.
- If you have flabby thighs go with a longer length short.
- Small legs, a lower length.
- If your plus size go with Bermuda shorts.
- Thin and tall go with rolled up shorts.
I’m a big fan of makeup, but not when it’s caked on. Here in Michigan our summers can get very hot and no one wants to see someone with a pound of makeup running down their face looking like Ronald McDonald. Sometimes less is more. Keeping it natural looking is key.
All I need for summer is my mascara, lip gloss and eyeliner and I’m good to go.
- Remember keep it natural.
- If you wear foundation, get colors that match your skin tone.
- To keep your makeup from melting , try not to put so much makeup on.
- Instead of foundation try going with a concealer for blemishes and other problem areas.
- For eye makeup, set it with a pressed powder instead of a loose powder. The heat can cause loose powder to melt quicker. When using pressed powder, use a firm puff to gently press the powder over your eye shadow. This will provide a longer-lasting look without a lot of creasing.
- For your lips, add a touch of powder before applying your lipstick. Doing this creates a matte look that will keep your lip color in place.
You don’t want to walk around looking like this for summer, so less is more!
- Pedicures are a summer must whether you do it yourself or visit a nail shop.
- Remove chipped polish.
- Use a nail filer (emery board) to even out nails
- Great way to get smooth feet for the summer is to remove dead skin from the heel of your foot by using a foot file or a wet pumice stone.
- Soak your feet.
- Apply Vaseline to your feet then put on cotton socks before your go to bed, that way you’ll wake up to soft feet.
- Use cuticle remover
A few things to get your feet looking Summerlicious
- Sandals, Peep toe shoes and Flip flops are all cute, but if your feet are scraping the ground go up a size or two.
- Try to avoid wearing shoes that are too small or narrow because they can cause corns and make your feet look very unsexy.
- High heels are fun and look good, but they should not be worn too long at a stretch or for much walking. Besides cramping the toes, they change body posture, making backaches more likely.
D0 you really want your feet looking like this? Be careful of the type of shoes your wear.